Combined bibliography option for Book

Sorry if this has already been rasied but one idea for future development would be for the Book option to be able to combine the bibliographies of each individual chapter into one at the end of the Book. As it stands, it is great for collected articles/discrete chapters but this would be helpful for creating other kinds of academic books. Just an idea.

Yes, this has been discussed before, but I couldn’t find any current issue on this. We handle bibliographies in two different ways depending on the output filter and we really should have both options in all formats.

I created this issue: https://github.com/fiduswriter/fiduswriter/issues/1224

1 Like

I realise this isn’t a solution but I’ve found a partial work-around:

Take the .bib file out of a book’s latex output, and then convert it to a format that can then be cut and pasted into a new Fidus document that you can label ‘Bibliography’. Then add that as a chapter to the book.

However, this does lose the CaseProtect information, so I still have to do some work on what is produced. Still, thought I’d share.

I should add that just cutting and pasting all the chapters of the book into one large document does not work - even if, at first sight it seems to produce a combined bibliography that you could then cut and paste into a new Fidus document. In my experience, when dealing with a substantial books (400+ pages), the output seems to miss some of the references. This is a real shame as unlike the above, the bibliography produced this way does, of course, preserve the Case Protect information for the references it does include.