Inconsistency in citation style

I realise this problem might be one that is nothing to do with Fidus Writer. However, when I choose the citation style that I currently need to use for an article - Journal for the Study of New Testament - the bibliography displays with double speech marks:

Bufacchi, Vittorio
2005 “Two Concepts of Violence,” Political Studies Review 3.2: 193–204.

But the style requires (and displays like this in Zotero), just one (and some other differences):

Bufacchi, Vittorio
2005 'Two Concepts of Violence’, Political Studies Review 3.2: 193–204.

I realise Fidus Writer is dependent upon others having set up these styles but I assumed that you used the same data that Zotero employs. Is there a way I can overcome this problem?

Hey @J.J_Meggitt ,
this is an issue. It took me a while to figure out what was wrong. It turns out that it has to do with the language used for the bibliography./ We were using US English, but some styles prefer UK English. UK English means single quote while US English means double quote in the citation system that both Zotero and FW use (citation style language).

There will be a bug fix release shortly that includes a fix so that we use the language specified as preferred language by the citation style.

Thanks so much for the quick response. That is really helpful. I can see how the US English default could have generated the problem. Look forward to the bug fix.

This has been fixed in version 3.11.4.

1 Like

That is excellent news. Works fine now on my local instance (assume the fiduswriter.com takes a little while to update). Much appreciated.

1 Like