Installation via snap, no icons

i followed the installation guide and installed via snap on a ubuntu server 18.04. Everything went smootly. Only some icons are missing, see attached screenshot.
The installation is running in a container (lxc), and served via a apache proxy. With a previous version, everything was working ok.

ProxyPreserveHost       on
    ProxyRequests             off
    ProxyPass                      /       http://fidus:4386/
    ProxyPassReverse         /       http://fidus:4386/

# Fiduswriter WebSocket
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/ws [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:UPGRADE} ^WebSocket$ [NC,OR]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:CONNECTION} ^Upgrade$ [NC]
    RewriteRule .* ws://fidus:4386%{REQUEST_URI} [P,QSA,L]

regards

I also added a screenshot of the webconsole, listing the 404 errors
Jef

Hey @Jef_Peeraer,
to start, could you take a look at the site as it is served directly on port 4386 and check whether that is with or without icons? Just so we make sure the issue is not somewhere in the Apache settings.

It looks like your server is only serving some of the static assets. I cannot see a direct pattern in what it is serving - it is missing some JS files, some CSS files, etc., but it is serving some other files of the same kind. The JavaScript files are all created through the same process, so if some are missing and others not, I would first check if it has something to do with your forwarding through Apache (check what it looks like without Apache), then I would check whether those files are on disk and if you received any errors. What happens for example if you run the below on the command line?

sudo fiduswriter.manage transpile

Any errors?

no just this
fiduswriter.manage transpile
Transpiling…
i will try to connect tje container without proxy…

Jef

I installed it locally on my laptop (in a LXD container) with snap, but with the same results, lots of icons missing, same 404 errors. I don’t know very where to look for errors in logfiles, as it is not apache served…
My laptop runs ubuntu 18.04.

Jef

Hey @Jef_Peeraer,
it took me quite a while to reproduce the issue you experienced. In the I was able to by running all the commands as root (not a normal user using sudo, but the real root user). Running everything as root is usually not a good idea, but I understand there may always be reasons to do that anyway and therefore this has been fixed in version 3.8.28. If you have set everything up in the normal way, your server will be updating itself within a few hours. Alternatively, try to run snap refresh fiduswriter.

I hope that helps.

Hey johannes,

thanks. i see fiduswriter is updating from itself now…And everything seems ok now!
The root question, if you work with containers, root is in fact not the real root…

Thanks anyway, now my researchers can start using it! I let you know how it goes.

Jef Peeraer
Faculty of Arts
University of Antwerp
St Jacobsmarkt 13
Belgium

1 Like